Wednesday, May 21, 2008
The North West
Just getting back from some SIV clinics up in Seattle. I had an awesome time up there. The weather was phenomenal 90 degrees on a couple of days, and the pilot community are so friendly and hospitable. First off I stayed at my buddy Gordan's place which is spectacular with a nice view through the woods of Mt Rainier, nice place to stay and we had a great barbecue there. Then we had some really nice Barbe's at Randy's sick pad. Thankyou Gordan and Randy for your awesome hospitality I hope to repay the favor soon. The clinics themselves went very well everyone learned alot and where pretty pleased at the end of it all, and we only ripped one wing in half... Yes one of my pilots was trying the helicopter a little before his time, and went past deep stall into stall and then went hands up, the result was a nice cannonball into his glider which luckily broke, then his reserve didn't open on the first toss so he had to chuck it again, then he had some nice lines wrapped all around him once he got those off he was good to go and landed in the water nicely. WHEW! That is the scariest thing that I have had happen since I started doing these things, and I learned allot from this. Other than Gordan throwing his reserve on my glider :( the rest of the clinic was uneventful. I am now home enjoying SLC and the new pad for a few days before I am off again this time for 3 weeks, the weather in SLC is crap but hey you get used to that after flying for as many years as I have.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
welcome home kid! call me
Welcome home and love you!
Post a Comment