Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Bad Blogger!

SO I am a bad blogger I will admit it,I have been traveling so much and most places I am at either dont have internet,or I am just super busy. But here is the short story. After the West coast championships I had so much fun racing and needed more points to hold my 1st place ranking in the US so I went to Rat Race, I just couldnt stay away. We had another great competition, I was doing awesome until the 3d tsk I basically got last place on the day, I launched into a huge mob of pilots and after a few close calls I headed out front to get a thermal there, there was no thermal there so after ridge soaring for an hour I finally made a mad dash for burnt ridge and sunk out =( I was really hard on myself that day as I watched the whole race unfold in front of me and I couldnt be apart of it.I dropped from 3d to 10th. I was thinking about taking up another hobby (maybe basket weaving) but decided I had to prove to myself I can fly paragliders,so on the next day I put that all behind me and had an awesome race where I got a good lead on the whole gaggle and ended up winning the day=) a 1000 point day and the only 1000 pointer of the comp. Its been awhile since I have gotten a 1000 and it felt great so I went from 10th to 6th clawing my way back up we had one task to go and my goal was to make the podium I knew winning was nt an option now, so on the last task I flew smart and got a 3d place which jumped me to 2nd overall on the comp. =) yee haw! I got a nice trophy after all and am really stoked. Now acro Andy, Kevin Howzie and I are heading up to Chelan for the biggest comp of the year the website is www.chelanxcopen.com so if you want to follow the race you can. Blue Skies Photobucket Photobucket

4 comments:

Mrs. Breitling said...

I'm glad you posted an update. It is really fun to see what my famous, world traveling cousin is up to. So, thanks for blogging. Love ya!
Andrea

Mikey said...

Wow bro! You do suck at blogging, good thing you are awesome at paragliding! I am really proud of you. Try and find time to keep us informed of all your adventures. Good luck at the big comp. I will be watching the inter-webs and the skies for you.
Love ya,
Mikey

Suzy said...

I've been thinking about you lots and wondering how your doing.. I miss you so come around one of these "family" party's k? XOXO

Anonymous said...

I've been thinking of taking up basket weaving myself!! Come for a visit and we can try a few, and maybe you could get up in the air with my honey too!!

I found your blog through Ron's myspace. So good to see you and hear about your life. We miss you tonz. We had a great time at the point with Sky last time we were out there. Hopefully it won't be as long before we see you all again.
Much Love Annie AKA Ron & Annie